In this tutorial i'll show you how to get working graphics ATI 5450 in Lion 10.7.3 hackintosh
Watch It in Action
UPDATE : Boot recover and recovery method from kernel panic
update : mountain lion update : see here
i am assuming that you already installed boot-loader and other kexts if you dont you should install them first, for more on installation guides see http://www.tonymacx86.com and get back here when you install everything except graphics
NOTE : I do not issue any guarantee that this will work for you! use google for other troubleshooting
STEPS :
1 : Open Terminal and paste these commands to ShowAll Files
$ defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
$ killall Finder
$ defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
$ killall Finder
2 : Figure out your graphics device ID
3 :Add your Device ID to ATi5000controller.kext and ATiReadeonx3000.kext.
- GO to System/Library/Extensions
- then find one of the above Kexts and show package contents
- Contents
- add you dev id to info.plist under <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
4: delete all ATI related Kexts and injectors EXCEPT these 7 :
- ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin
- ATIFramebuffer.kext
- ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
- ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle
- ATI5000Controller.kext
- ATIRadeonX3000.kext
- ATISupport.kext
5 : set GraphicsEnabler = Yes
6 : Repair permission through kext utility
7 : reboot
Watch It in Action
enjoy hackintosh
UPDATE : Boot recover and recovery method from kernel panic
update : mountain lion update : see here



thanks, it works perectly ;)
ReplyDeletewhat is the brand of your 5450 graphic card? .... such as sapphire or.....
ReplyDeleteMSI AMD Radeon R5450
ReplyDeletehttp://www.msi.com/product/vga/R5450-MD1GD3H-LP.html
HUGE thanks. For those using Sapphire (Which I couldn't get Lion to boot at all with): Install and boot using onboard video and then follow this guide. After installing and setting up my Hackintosh with onboard video, I went about this guide and was able to boot into Lion with my Sapphire 5450 and have it read no problem. Thank you so much :)
ReplyDeleteCan I use this card in the installation process or it will crash for don't have support? Sorry for my bad English
ReplyDeletetry it !
ReplyDeletebut most chances are it gonna be reason of kernel panic
so try installing without graphic card installed then try above process of injecting device id ..if you are updating existing installation then dont forget to install multibeast before restating have fun !
I am trying to do what you wrote but I can`t. My system is a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD SATA, ATi Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR2. System iAtkos L2. I installed the system, without customizing, and so I installed the kexts with the Kext Wizard, and I repaired permissions, but when the PC restart, the PC freeze in a silver screen, so I can`t do anything. Can you help me. Ah, I added the device ID (the same as your) on the file, but after I opened the file and the device ID that I added was not there. Please help me. I am trying for months to use Mac but I can't. I am waiting. Thank you.
ReplyDeleterestart and try to boot with ' GraphicsEnabler=Yes'
ReplyDeletedelete all ati related kext and
download kexts from above link ( in post ) and install them
make sure your entered correct device id inserted in ATiReadeonx3000.kext
under iopc match string
Oh, thank you for replied me. I don`t understand much of Mac, kind of use commands in the startup. But, I finished installing iAtkos L2 now, and I will try what you said now. Thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteI have to enter 0x68f9 in the two archives, or just in one. And I have to add the device ID before or after installing the downloaded kexts. Thank you!
ReplyDeletejust enter in
ReplyDeleteATiReadeonx3000.kext
right click on that kext pakage and choose show pakage contents and enter device id
there is one detailed post how to insert device id
http://www.computersnyou.com/2012/05/how-to-insert-device-id-in-kext.html
and yes insert device id before installing them
ReplyDeleteI don`t use Multi beast, have problem or not.
ReplyDeleteif your system is booting and you are able to get GUI then no problem
ReplyDeleteOk. My system is good, just the video. My screen is 21,5, 1920 x 1080. I am doing the steps now. Thank you guy!
ReplyDeleteAlok, I added my device ID, and deleted all of the ATi files, just the 7 you wrote I don`t deleted. Now, I will use Kext Wizard to install the new kexts and repair permissions. Right. So, if I can do the right steps, when I reboot the PC, I will see the GUI, right. After I repair permissions I have to reboot. And, I have to install the ATIRadeonX3000.kext downloaded under the ATIRadeonX3000.kext I added my device ID. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteyes try it ... but make sure you have installed kexts with device id
ReplyDeleteyour device id is already in downloaded kext so you dont have to worry about that just simply remove all and install these 7 repair and reboot
The Kext Wizard is repairing disk permissions. I didn`t see the Kext Wizard showing the message installing kexts. But, I don`t know if the Kext Wizard have to show the message or not. I am right in don`t delete the 7 ATi archives, right.
ReplyDeleteHey Alok. I reboot the PC and now the PC doens`t freeze. But, the resolution is the same, 1024 x 768, and in the settings, I can`t change for my resolution, 1920 x 1080. Can you help me? I don`t know where I wrong. Tnk.
ReplyDeletekext wizard have installation menu
ReplyDeleteclick on that and browse for kexts and click install
I did this Alok. I selected the 7 kexts, and installed. So, the Kext Wizard repaired the disk permissions and rebuild the cache of kexts. I think is it the Kext Wizard do. :(
ReplyDeletenow edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
ReplyDeleteand add string
EthernetBuiltIn
Yes
GraphicsEnabler
Yes
Kernel
mach_kernel
Kernel Flags
npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0
Legacy Logo
Yes
How I edit the file if the file is blocked? Tnk.
ReplyDeleteuse sudo nano /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
ReplyDeleteMy original archive is with these texts:
ReplyDeleteKernel mach_kernel Kernel Flags Boot Graphics Yes Quiet Boot No Timeout 5 npci 0x2000 GraphicsEnabler Yes EthernetBuiltIn Yes UseKernelCache No
I have to paste graphics enabler, will be two graphics enabler.
Thank you Alok!
reboot
ReplyDeleteand hope for best (Y)
I reboot the PC, and don`t freeze. But, I continue with just 1024 x 768. I will love using Mac because I am using Pages and Number in the iPhone, and I will can edit my documents in the PC, and view on iPhone. Do you know if I would try another thing? I search the app OpenGL but I can`t. Would be this? Thanks Alok!
ReplyDeleteOh, this is my graphics|displays:
ReplyDeleteMonitor:
Tipo: GPU
Barramento: PCIe
Largura Lane PCIe: x16
VRAM (Total): 3 MB
Fornecedor: ATI (0x1002)
ID do Dispositivo: 0x68f9
ID da Revisão: 0x0000
Informação de Extensão do Kernel: Nenhuma Ext. de Kernel Carregada
Monitores:
Monitor:
Resolução: 1024 x 768
Profundidade em Pixels: Cor de 32 Bits (ARGB8888)
Monitor Principal: Sim
Espelho: Desligado
On-line: Sim
open system preferences and click on display , change the resolution
ReplyDeleteI can`t. Still just the 1024 x 768. I am thinking in install another time the kexts, using KextBeast.
ReplyDeleteopen system preferences and click on display , change the resolution
ReplyDeleteOh, this is my graphics|displays:
ReplyDeleteMonitor:
Tipo: GPU
Barramento: PCIe
Largura Lane PCIe: x16
VRAM (Total): 3 MB
Fornecedor: ATI (0x1002)
ID do Dispositivo: 0x68f9
ID da Revisão: 0x0000
Informação de Extensão do Kernel: Nenhuma Ext. de Kernel Carregada
Monitores:
Monitor:
Resolução: 1024 x 768
Profundidade em Pixels: Cor de 32 Bits (ARGB8888)
Monitor Principal: Sim
Espelho: Desligado
On-line: Sim
I reboot the PC, and don`t freeze. But, I continue with just 1024 x 768. I will love using Mac because I am using Pages and Number in the iPhone, and I will can edit my documents in the PC, and view on iPhone. Do you know if I would try another thing? I search the app OpenGL but I can`t. Would be this? Thanks Alok!
ReplyDeletereboot
ReplyDeleteand hope for best (Y)
My original archive is with these texts:
ReplyDeleteKernel mach_kernel Kernel Flags Boot Graphics Yes Quiet Boot No Timeout 5 npci 0x2000 GraphicsEnabler Yes EthernetBuiltIn Yes UseKernelCache No
I have to paste graphics enabler, will be two graphics enabler.
Thank you Alok!
How I edit the file if the file is blocked? Tnk.
ReplyDeletenow edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
ReplyDeleteand add string
EthernetBuiltIn
Yes
GraphicsEnabler
Yes
Kernel
mach_kernel
Kernel Flags
npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0
Legacy Logo
Yes
I did this Alok. I selected the 7 kexts, and installed. So, the Kext Wizard repaired the disk permissions and rebuild the cache of kexts. I think is it the Kext Wizard do. :(
ReplyDeleteHey Alok. I reboot the PC and now the PC doens`t freeze. But, the resolution is the same, 1024 x 768, and in the settings, I can`t change for my resolution, 1920 x 1080. Can you help me? I don`t know where I wrong. Tnk.
ReplyDeletethanks for the reply.
ReplyDeleteanyway, I tried to boot using -f -F but nothing happened, so I had to re-install iAtkos.
I re-tried to install these kexts and this time my computer didn't reboot, but my graphics are still the same. I mean, my graphics ram is still 3mb and there's only one resolution option in the display panel.
I think I do something wrong when I patch the kexts, or I need to install something in particular at first maybe?
I apologize for my bad english.
oh I forgot to say that my iAtkos is a 10.7.2 hackintosh, dunno if this can be the reason why it doesn't work.
ReplyDeleteoh nevermind!!!
ReplyDeleteI did it! I updated my bootloader and finally my OS read my graphics, that's great!!! You're great guys!
delete all ati related kext first
ReplyDeletethen use kext beast or kext wizard ( included in zip ) to install
and yes add GraphicsEnabler = yes in org. chameleon.Boot.plist
dont forget to repair permissions
in case of kernel panic try GE=NO
Does this work for Snow Leopard also?
ReplyDeletenot tested with snow leopard
ReplyDeleteyou can give a try with modified kext for snow leopard
search in osx86.net and tonymacx86.com
is it working with full QE and Cl?
ReplyDelete